Wednesday, March 25, 2009



I choose to do my research on teen drug abuse because i felt like people really need to realize how important this issue is.Teen drug abuse is a big issue in teenage society today and i think this issue needs to be talked about more than it has.Teens need to be heard and also need to feel like their important.There are so many reasons why teens turn to drugs or alcohol and their parents need to learn about those reasons.Some of the reasons are peer pressure, lack of attention, parents aren't in their lives, they think that it's cool, or because they see someone else is doing it.I"m a teen and i know about all the things teens go through in the world and all the problems they have.I've been through a lot of tough times and the reason why I chose not to turn to drugs is because i had my parents behind me and they let me know that drugs aren't the way to go.I learned that teens need to realize that drugs can't help you with your problems and that they sure can't take place of your parents.I learned that parents only see what they want to see.They need to focus on their teens behavior and their academic performance because it can change from the drugs.Teens can go from straight A students to a failing student and the parents would sit back and not realize that their teen is failing in school because of lack of attention.The parents would go blaming their selves instead of seeing the truth that their teens chose that road.Teens should never feel like they can't talk to their parents.The only reason why teens avoid talking to their parents because they feel like their going to start yelling and they don't really know the whole story.I feel like this was a great research project for me because I learned a lot about Teen drug abuse and the causes and the affects.I hope I get through to a lot of people because of this and that people start to understand the risk and problems that teens go through.

No comments:

Post a Comment